There will be a pre-entry test for admission in Balochistan Agriculture College, Quetta. This will be compulsory for all categories of seats which will be conducted through testing service.
- The total number of slots for admission to 1st semester of B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture degree program for the academic year 2020-21 in Balochistan Agriculture College, Quetta, shall be 200. The break up of 200 shall be as under:
District Merit Slots
Provincial Merit Slots of Balochistan
Province of Punjab
Province of KPK/Fata
Province of Sindh
Azad Jamu Kashmir
Girls Student of Balochistan Province
Children of Employee of Agriculture Department
Children of Employee of Agriculture College
Employees of Agriculture Department (Field Assistant) Diploma in Agriculture with equivalent certificate of F.Sc. From BISE.
Children of Minority Community
Disable persons (students) of Balochistan
- Applications for admission to first year (1st Semester) B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture class shall be invited by the Principal Balochistan Agriculture College, Quetta, through an advertisement in the Local / National Newspapers and or broadcast / telecast on the Television. The applications are required to be submitted on or before the date specified in the advertisement.
- All applications must accompany copies of the following documents attested by an Officer of B-17 or above. All columns of the application form must be filled in correctly. Incomplete applications will be rejected:
- Intermediate science (Pre-Medical / Pre-Engineering) certificate.
- Intermediate science (Pre-Medical / Pre-Engineering) detailed marks certificate.
- Matriculation certificate (with science subjects).
- Matriculation detailed marks certificate.
- Local/Domicile certificate issued by the District Magistrate/District Administrative Officer of the respective district (* Please see explanation below).
- National Identity Card of the candidate or his/her father in case he/she is below 18 years of age.
- Character certificate from the Principal of the Institution last attended.
- Four attested copies of latest passport size photographs.
- An affidavit on the non-judicial paper duly attested by a first class Magistrate to the effect that the candidate will never take part in any political activity during the course in the College.
*EXPLANATION: In case, the candidate is below the age of 21 years, he/she must produce the Local/Domicile certificate of his/her father/mother issued by the District Magistrate/District Administrative Officer of the concerned district under the citizenship Act of 1951. In case such a candidate is not in a position to produce such certificate due
to the death of his/her parents than he/she may produce such a certificate of legal guardian mentioning the name of the candidate therein.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be entertained and no excuse will be acceptable.
- The selection of candidates for admission to 1st semester B.Sc. (Hons.). Agriculture shall be made by the Selection Committee appointed by the Government. The selection will be made strictly on merit basis in each category of slots from amongst the applicants according to the conditions laid down in the Prospectus.
- Merit for Admission to B. Sc. (Hons.) Agric. 1st semester shall be determined on the basis of performance in the Metric, F. Sc. (Pre-Medical / Pre-Engineering) and the entry test.
- ENTRY TEST:
(i) There will be an entry test for admission to B. Sc. (Hons.) Agric. 1st semester comprising of the following subjects:
- a. Physics
- b. Chemistry
- c. Biology (for Pre-Medical candidates / Mathematics (for Pre-Engineering candidates)
- d. English
(ii) The qualifying marks in entry test will be 20% and 40% of weight-age will be taken in merit. Any candidate who fails to qualify the entry test will not be considered for admission. The weight-age for the preparation of final merit list will be as under:
Metric or equivalent examination = 10%
Adjusted marks of F. Sc. (Pre-Medical) or equivalent = 50%
Entry test = 40%
(iii) Examples of adjusted marks for preparation of final merit list as per weight-age given in section 6 (ii) above
| || |
% Marks Obtained
% Marks Obtained
Adjusted Marks for final merit list
(iv) Pre-requisite for admission to 1st semester B. Sc. (Hons.) Agric. is F. Sc. (Pre-Medical / Pre-Engineering ) with at least 50% . However, in case the adjusted marks of the candidate with a lower mark exceed those of a candidate with higher marks, the merit will be determined on the basis of adjusted marks.
(v)Sample of the entry test is attached with this prospectus.
- In case the adjusted marks of two or more candidates are equal, the candidate securing higher marks in the Matriculation with science examination shall be ranked above in merit for the purpose of admission. If the marks of Matriculation with science are also equal the candidate elder in age shall be ranked above in merit.
Admission will be made strictly on merit among the candidates possessing Local/Domicile certificates of the same district. In case of unavailability of a candidate from a specific district, the slot of that district shall be allotted to respective Zone or to open merit.
2.Merit slots are open to all candidates.
3.If there is no eligible candidate/nominations on specified seats then such vacant seats shall be filled on provisional merit basis or as decision of the selection committee.
- Children of the Employees of Agriculture Department will be required to produce employer’s certificate of their parents. The admission will be on merit among their specified quota seats. .
- An employee of the Department of Agriculture will only be allowed to avail two number of specified quota seats for his/her children.
- There will be no admission on temporary basis.