- Comprehensive examination will consist of a written part followed by an oral part and cover both the major and minor field of studies after the completion of course work.
- The examination will be taken by the student on the dates to be decided by the Department and notified by the Controller of Examination.
- Each department shall have its own committee of three members including Chairman of the Department who will also be the Chairman of the Examination Committee. In addition, the Director Advanced Studies or his nominee shall be the ex-officio member of the committee. One member will be nominated by the Principal at the time of examination. The committee will be constituted by the Principal on the recommendation of the respective department and Director Advanced Studies & Research. The committee shall be constituted for one year at the start of each academic year.
- If one member of the committee is not present due to some Emergency, Examination may taken in the presence of four members out of five. The result announced will be valid.
- Comprehensive examination will be qualifying and the examination committee will separately evaluate the student on his/her performance in written and oral parts of the examination.
- If a student fails to qualify in the comprehensive examination, he/she will be eligible to reappear, once only in the comprehensive examination within the time given for the degree.
Statues and Regulations relating to Post Graduate